Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2011 19:00

Alienware AlienFX Controller error

I have an Area-51 with windows 7 and every time I reboot I receive the following error message. I am running v2.6.1 of the command center. When I open the command center directly I am unable to apply any saved color themes or change any colors on the fly. I would appreciate any suggestions.

System.Management.ManagementException: Provider load failure
   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
   at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.StartHidDeviceInsertedWatcher()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.AlienFXDeviceDiscoveryService.RegisterForDevicesEvents()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceDiscovery()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_AlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.LightsZoneController..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeLightController()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

176 Posts

February 9th, 2011 00:00

I was having problems with the lights stuck on dark blue and the temps not reading correctly. I reset the cmos using the jumper on the motherboard and that fixed all the problems I was having with command center 2.6.1.0.

2.4K Posts

February 9th, 2011 01:00

I have an Area-51 with windows 7 and every time I reboot I receive the following error message. I am running v2.6.1 of the command center. When I open the command center directly I am unable to apply any saved color themes or change any colors on the fly. I would appreciate any suggestions.

System.Management.ManagementException: Provider load failure
   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
   at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.StartHidDeviceInsertedWatcher()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.AlienFXDeviceDiscoveryService.RegisterForDevicesEvents()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceDiscovery()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_AlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.LightsZoneController..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeLightController()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

I got this once and a simply uninstall,reboot and reinstall fixed it for me.

2 Posts

February 9th, 2011 19:00

Thanks, I tried that but it didnt work for me.

14 Posts

February 21st, 2012 12:00

^^ The will only respond once, if it doenst work, you are ish out of luck.... I have the same issue and it making me very upset with Dell

2 Posts

December 27th, 2016 02:00

I just got a Brand new Alienware 15 R2 and I just got the error message saying there was an error communicating to the AlienFX controller, also the lights can only be updated for a few seconds after booting up then they just freeze

No Events found!