Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2016 03:00

Alienware Alpha A, unable to remove user detail with factory reset?

Hi All,

I am having trouble removing my windows account and user detail using either the Windows 8 reset tool or the alien respawn to factory setting tool. 

After running either applications (which ran successfully), the system will still boot into windows 8 with my account details. I would like to reset it so that all my information is removed. It seems that at some point after the reset the account information is automatically restored. I would like to reset it so that it starts with the original windows 8 set up menu when it came.

Has anyone had any issues like this? Would really appreciate the help.

Thank you

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 30th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

Remember that Windows has 2 different options: Refresh and Reset.

When you Refresh your PC:

• Windows will save your personal files, personalization settings, and Modern apps installed from the Windows Store.
  • Windows will reset your PC settings.
  • Windows will remove all installed desktop programs. A list of the removed programs will be saved to your desktop.

By resetting your computer settings and removing all desktop programs, Windows can “refresh” your PC so it’s more like a fresh install without deleting your personal files.

When you Reset your PC, Windows will remove everything. Think of this like doing a complete Windows reinstall and formatting your hard drive.

Also, make sure to select Remove everything and reinstall Windows when you see this image:

No Events found!