Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 2nd, 2014 15:00

Alienware Aurora R4 Vcore

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to change vcore offset in bios version A11 on aurora R4? I'm having overheating problems and I would like to decrease the voltage. I have found dynamic cpu vcore offset option in bios however it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any help appreciated

1.8K Posts

March 3rd, 2014 15:00

There’s no option in the BIOS to downclock or decrease voltage. The error you received on the ePSA test indicates a problem in the Liquid Cooling Assembly. Send us an email to AWSocialMedia@dell.com and we’ll review your case further.

1.8K Posts

March 3rd, 2014 09:00

Hello,

If you’re having overheating issues on the CPU, there might be a problem with the Liquid Cooling System. I recommend running an ePSA diagnostics test first to verify the temperatures and check for any Cooling System errors. You can also follow the troubleshooting steps on this article for overheating issues.

Let me know how it goes.

7 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 15:00

Hi,

I had a problem with the stock cooling system where temperatures were climbing 90 degrees however I've tried a different cooling system which helped a bit but after few days 100% load temperatures were above 80 just after few seconds.

ePSA diagnostics reported 84 degrees with 1 error 2000-0511 about CPU fan not responding correctly. However I have an aftermarket fan connected to the cpu_fan header using 3 pins instead of 4 which may be the reason for the error and I have checked that the fan is working correctly. I have also went over pretty much everything in the troubleshooting article. Updated BIOS, removed dust, heatsink remounted twice with new thermal paste each time etc.

I'd like to rule out high vcore which seems to be around 1.384v. Is there a way to decrease it?

Thanks

No Events found!