Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2013 08:00

Alienware M14x R2 non stop beeping & cannot start up

Hi guys, I recently have this issue when i try to start up my Alienware m14x r2 laptop it just won't boot up and IT keeps making the non stop beeping sound. I am sure it is not a beeping code. It beeps non stop for every 2 seconds interval and the screen is totally black out. For sure i can't log into my windows and i have to pressed the power button to force it to shut down. I have to wait for a couple of minutes pass than I am only able to boot up my laptop. I called up dell tech support as my laptop is still under warranty after running the diagnostic test they were unable to find out what is the problem and they are sending someone to check on my laptop. I wonder is there anyone ever encounter this issue before?

November 6th, 2013 13:00

Hi YC MOOK, whenever the computer beeps, it usually does a secuence of beeps followed by a pause, this secuence will repeat itself until the computer shuts down. You can check the Beep Codes Table to find out if what you heard was one of those secuences. If not, I would recommend you to wait for the on-site technician to check to computer.

14 Posts

November 6th, 2013 19:00

Hi, Alienware-Dani L I have checked with the table u sent me. My laptop is having the beep code 1. It beeped once in every 2 seconds continuously until I shut it down. Whether I plugged in the AC or not when I try to power it up it makes no different, the beeping still prevails. Anyway thanks for the reply. Now I can roughly know what is wrong with my laptop.

1 Message

June 10th, 2014 17:00

I'm having the exact same issue! Any info on this would be greatly appreciated

14 Posts

June 10th, 2014 19:00

Hi Dankrause It is the motherboard faulty issue. After I had my motherboard replaced by dell it solve the problem.

1.8K Posts

June 12th, 2014 14:00

I'm having the exact same issue! Any info on this would be greatly appreciated

Hi Dankrause,

As pointed out by YC MOOK above, 1 beep indicates a hardware failure involving the Motherboard. If the system is still in warranty, the Motherboard replacement can be covered. Send me a private message with your Service Tag and contact information if you require further assistance. 

No Events found!