Highlighted

Re: Alienware M17-R1

Hi Futokuko,

- Flash the BIOS to the latest A04

- Perform a clean installation of the video card driver.

- Checkout the correct setup of games on Nvidia Optimus.

- Power options should be placed in High performance power plan.

Alienware-AlexanderJ
Dell | Alienware Technical Support & Community Manager Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Futokuko
1 Nickel

RE: Alienware M17-R1

Hi Alexander

Thanks for the information, the bios update helped allot with soneoerformance boosts. 

I did the driver installation which only worked for the  311.48 drivers, tried the same process with other drivers from nvidia but it's didn't work. 

Is it true that we can only use video drivers that are made available in the dell support site? I've tried several times to upgrade the driver but mon of them work only the original.

Thanks again,

0 Kudos
Mr. Fox
4 Tellurium

Is it true that we can only use video drivers that are made available in the dell support site? I've tried several times to upgrade the driver but mon of them work only the original.
No, that is a myth. The latest drivers should work fine with your new Alienware 17 or 18. Check the box for "clean installation" during the driver setup process.

If you are running Windows 8, I recommend restarting with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled whenever installing drivers.

Version: 326.80 BETA
Release Date: 2013.08.20
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit
Language: English (U.S.)
File Size: 228 MB

GeForce 326.80 Beta Download | NVIDIA

ALIENKILLER II // EVOC P870DM3
7700K @ 5.2GHz ● GTX 1080 SLI ● 17.3" QHD 120Hz G-Sync ● 64GB DDR4-3200 ● 780W AC Adapter

EL CUCUY // EUROCOM TORNADO F5
7700K @ 5.0GHz ● GTX 1080 ● 15.6" FHD 120Hz ● 32GB DDR4-3000 ● 330W AC Adapter

Hi Futokuko,

I've not used the 326.80 driver but the 326.41 should install normally.

Alienware-AlexanderJ
Dell | Alienware Technical Support & Community Manager Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos