Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 1st, 2016 02:00

Alienware M17X Battery has experienced permanent failure

30 September, 2016.

I am the owner of an Alienware M17X R3 model that I purchased in November of 2015.

I had noticed that my machine seems to experience several performance issues when the battery displayed that it was plugged in, but not charging. Naturally, when the computer is disconnected and re-connected to power, this issue seems to be fixed. However, I can recall that on the 9th of September, I had disconnected the power, and my computer had black-screened before my eyes.

As I was starting up my computer once again, I was presented with the message that my battery had experienced permanent failure and needed to be replaced. In hopes of a solution, I began to ask one of my colleagues about my issue, their reply was that my battery was integrated, and was therefore irreplaceable. However, I had contacted an expert who offered their services to install the battery should they be given the correct model.

I began to search up common battery types online, but none of them have good customer reviews, some detailing that the battery did not fit their computer, or reported unsatisfactory with the condition of their model. I have decided to dismiss purchasing any batteries from unreliable and/or non-official marketing.

My question is where to find the correct battery type that fixes my computer, and how? I've lurked around what I suppose is Dell's stock, but I can't seem to find the battery that I desire.

I am still currently a student of academics, and I can not be away from my computer for more than seven days. This should explain why I am unable to send my machine back to the manufacturer for repairs.

My family and I are to travel cross-country for my sister's wedding in November, therefore I will need a functional computer to work by our arrival. Is there any possible solution to this?

Waiting patiently for a reply. Thank you very much for your time!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 1st, 2016 09:00

The 2015 Alienware 17-R3 shipped with one of these two batteries =
YKWXX (92WHR, 8C, Lithium, Sanyo)
5046J (92WHR, 8C, Lithium, Simplo)

Call Dell Spare Parts 1-800-357-3355 and ask for price and availability of the Dell part number.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2016 21:00

Thank you very much for the reply.

Furthermore, is it possible to tell which of the two models would properly fit my machine? I wouldn't want to make an incorrect purchase.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 7th, 2016 15:00

Both of them would work.

No Events found!