Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2012 23:00

Alienware X51: Need help with setting event light changing

From what I understand, You can change the lights to do different things during different tasks to help with mode identification etc.

I was wondering how I would set the lights on the aliens face to off during ''Sleep''mode and the sides to yellow. Is this possible?

Can someone help me?

Thank you

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 25th, 2012 14:00

Notice it says:

The Sleep Mode event is available only on certain desktops.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the x51 has an MIO-Board (or at least not one like ours). I say that because I never hear anyone talking about it (and some of these guys are really tearing up and modding this machine).

Anyway, without something like the MIO-Board (that can stay running and also monitoring the machine's "Sleep status") ... well, I'm not sure how it would work otherwise.

2.4K Posts

October 25th, 2012 00:00

From what I understand, You can change the lights to do different things during different tasks to help with mode identification etc.

I was wondering how I would set the lights on the aliens face to off during ''Sleep''mode and the sides to yellow. Is this possible?

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Hello Drumblaket

Open the AlienFX. Then go to Advanced mode by clicking the Advanced Mode button in the middle of the screen. On the left you will see Sleep Mode. Highlite it so it's blue. On the right you will see the zones. The head will be yellow/black. Remove it and make the side panel zone whatever color you want. Then save it by clicking Apply.

That's it.

11 Posts

October 25th, 2012 01:00

I also forgot to mention this is a brand new pc It is less than 2 days in my posession. It was a floor model at best buy but they took off the demo OS before i was able to bring it home.  

8233.alfxscrnsht.png 

11 Posts

0844.alfxscrnsht.png sorry about the last screenshot it didnt give any info this one shows you what i see.

11 Posts

The sleep option is not available al it says is default. Is there something else? I also noticed when i try to access alien FX controller it doesnt open.

But sticking to the topic at hand there just simply isnt the sleep option. When I click on add event all it does is take me to my folders and i have no idea where to look that i havent already.

Still need help!

2.4K Posts

October 25th, 2012 02:00

Hmmm. It should have the sleep option like this:

1616.Untitled.png

What version of ACC are you running? You should update it and see if that brings the sleep option back.

2.4K Posts

October 25th, 2012 02:00

Download Microsoft .net 4 here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Download this ACC here: www.dell.com/.../alienware-x51

Install the .Net and reboot. Then install the ACC and reboot again. Then see if the option is there. Let me know please. I am home now and will be checking this thread for a reply.

Thanks,

Morblore

11 Posts

October 25th, 2012 03:00

sorry... That was random information that didnt concern this.. ugh.. its way too late/early right now....

What I meant to say was .net did nothing for my alien fx it still says default and nothing else.

11 Posts

I was able to install .Net but when i clicked run on the internet explorer 9 it said my version of windows didnt support it

2.4K Posts

sorry... That was random information that didnt concern this.. ugh.. its way too late/early right now....

What I meant to say was .net did nothing for my alien fx it still says default and nothing else.

Did you update the ACC software?

2.4K Posts

October 25th, 2012 04:00

If you click the +/- tabs while in advanced mode you can add events. I'm just not sure how to add Sleep since it's always there by default. I'm gonna play around with mine and see if I can figure out how to add it.

I did notice that in your SS you don't have the Alienadrenaline. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not yet.

What's odd is your system is changing the Alienhead color when in Sleep mode so it has to be there but it's not showing.

2.4K Posts

Go back into the AlienFX and try changing to another theme. We know the setting must be there or the system wouldn't go to yellow/black when you put it to sleep. We just need to get the ACC software to show the setting in events.

11 Posts

just uninstalled it*

11 Posts

I also was wondering how I sync the email lighting to my email account. I cant find that either... I can control the lighting for it just fine but I cant get it to change color when i get an email.

11 Posts

ALSO THANK YOU!!!   Yes thank you for trying to help... Im really all out of ideas so please let me know anything you figure out. I cant find any kind of info on these problems anywhere.

No Events found!