Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2013 11:00

Alienware X51, S2740L, no video

I'm new to computers and dont know much but i bought a monitor dell S2740L and the vga wouldn't fit the Alienware X51 BTO. So I plugged a hdmi cable in hoping it would work but it says no hdmi cable shutting off in 5 minutes. Is there a way to fix it or should i just return it?

172 Posts

October 1st, 2013 12:00

Did you read the manual & online documentation for both the computer & monitor? Sometimes if there a extra GPU installed, there are specific instructions to follow. On some monitors, the correct video source must be selected (VGA, DVI, HDMI).

In other words, it's not normally plug-n-play, some configuration is required for proper operation, especially for HDMI.

Cat

1.3K Posts

October 1st, 2013 13:00

Hi Sparta2008,

The On-board HDMI port will only display video once Windows finishes loading. If something is stopping Windows from loading and you are using only the On-board HDMI connection you will not be able to see anything on the screen

The link mentioned below has useful information which may help resolve the display issue you are facing with your Dell system.

HDMI port does not work properly on the Alienware X51: http://dell.to/151FOBk

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards.

Babita S
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads,
Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

No Events found!