Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2014 19:00

Alienware aurora r4 sound no working

i went to load up a game today and i noticed i have no sound coming out of my speakers so i went to check the settings and if everything was plugged in fine and they were. ive tried using different speakers and headsets but nothing would work for me. the only sound that comings out is a static sound from the speakers. the only time i can get audio is if i play it through my monitors speakers. any ideas on what the problem could be?? the only changes ive made to my computer prior to the problem was installing a new gpu. any help would be great!

1.8K Posts

May 5th, 2014 14:00

Hi!

Make sure you have the latest BIOS A11 and re-install the video drivers as well as the audio drivers. If the issue persists, send me a private message with your Service Tag, contact information and link to this thread.

1 Message

September 1st, 2014 12:00

Hi

I have a related question.   I have an Aurora R4 in which I have been unable to get sound to come out of external Bose Speakers.  The different thing about these speakers is they plug in to USB port rather normal speaker connections.   I have upgraded the BIOS to A11 so I am hoping someone knows what else can be done.  Also, I can get the sound when using headphones.  

• 

2.7K Posts

September 2nd, 2014 11:00

Have you tried to install any driver or software for the headphone? 

12 Posts

March 28th, 2016 05:00

so finally got to update to A11, first reboot no sound, roll back driver, reboot sound is back, few days later, gamepad not working, reboot , gamepad working but no more sound, how to I go back to A10 ?

No Events found!