Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2014 22:00

Alienware mx18 r2 x54bit Winows 8.1 un-sync hard drives

I mistakenly selected the wrong option in the intel rapid storage technology (IRST) settings which was synchronizing a 2 tb hard drive to a 700gb, making them work as one. What i originally wanted was to add the 2 tb as extra memory. Me not knowing what im doing i did this silly mistake . Now im trying to undo my oopsy now that i backed up all the settings, i cant find the solution on the BIOS nor online. So im considering to manufacture reset the laptop and hope that separates both hard drives the name currently on the IRST is sata_array it that helps and i see both 699gb hard drive and 1,863gb hard drive. How do i undo this sync and make it an extension?

1.8K Posts

July 25th, 2014 11:00

Hi!

Access the RAID menu by pressing Ctrl+i at the Alienware loading screen and then choose Delete RAID Volume to delete the current RAID setup. 

July 25th, 2014 13:00

64-bit* sorry wrong key, and ctrl + i does nothing :/  it just shows F8 and F12 which show the dell Bios Menu

1.8K Posts

July 29th, 2014 14:00

The only way to access the RAID menu is to press (and hold) the "Ctrl" key while pressing repeatedly the "i" key during the POST stage (start pressing the keys as soon as the computer turns on).

No Events found!