Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 14th, 2014 02:00

Alienware x51 AlienFX Problem

I've recently purchased the Alienware x51 r2 from the Dell website, all the latest updates etc. So it's on Windows 8 or 8.1, whatever, anyways I went to look in to changing the light scheme on my computer and couldn't figure out how to do it, I went to google for help as always and it said It was a program called AlienFX, however no program with any similar name was found on my computer, I was wondering if there is a new program for the newer computers or if it's not compatible with windows 8 or if I'm the odd one out and just don't have it?
Help, please and thank you. :)

1.8K Posts

April 15th, 2014 14:00

The link I sent is for the 3.5 version, you need to use the first download option (File Format: Hard-Drive). You can also use the Resource DVD that came with the computer. 

1.8K Posts

April 14th, 2014 15:00

Hi!

The AlienFX is part of the Alienware Command Center, you can try searching for that instead. If it's not installed, you can download it and install directly from the Dell website here

2 Posts

April 15th, 2014 02:00

The command centre was not installed, I went to download and install both of the command centre versions available in your link and both were unsuccessful.

The first one says it is apart of a multi disk and requires the rest of the disk to finish installing / extracting. Under the error code 190
The other fails, looking at the logs I think it's also a extract issue? 
Any ideas?

No Events found!