Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2015 04:00

Alienware x51-R1 - Fans always spinning fast / frequent HDD noise / games crashing

Hello all, a few days ago I posted looking for some guidance on GPU upgrades assuming my computer was just getting old and I needed to upgrade it, then I came across this post and realized i was having the EXACT SAME issues...

Those SAME PARTS fell out of my computer a week ago - one spring and two of those black pins.  Ever since then I have had the following problems with my system:

1. Slow video playback - youtube etc - takes long time to open browser - computer seems to "hang" a lot when opening new web pages.

2. I used to play 2 wow accounts at same time - now I struggle to keep one open w/o causing a system crash - even on the lowest graphics settings the game is choppy / GPU temps are running at 90degrees celcius (using msi afterburner).

3. Hard disk seems to be working overtime - lots of HD noise - my comp used to run really quiet now the HDD and fans are on 24/7 very loud also - cant tell whether its the CPU fan or GPU.

4. Overall the comp just feels slower.....less performance.

Whats really got me thinking now is those same pieces falling out of my computer and same symptoms - I used to play my games on ultra setting and now more than 10mins on low causes a crash - any thought on how I fix this?

Any suggestions welcome.

Ralph

• 

2.7K Posts

July 16th, 2015 13:00

Ralph.machio,

Send me a PM with your service tag and a brief description of the problem so I can check your case further. 

July 16th, 2015 18:00

PM sent, thanks

No Events found!