Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2010 20:00

Aurora R1 & R2 Front Audio Jack Noise/Static

Sorry for being ignorant here,but how do I know witch one is my Aurora . In the thread posted .

June 3rd, 2010 22:00

Auroras with Intel i3 and i5 chips are deemed R1 and the i7 is considered R2.

190 Posts

June 4th, 2010 11:00

Can someone from Dell hopfully Chris . Confirm that this part has to be made under warranty or not ?

June 4th, 2010 15:00

I simply called and they over-nighted it, Costa Rica CS FTW!

If this is a defect cause by the manufacturing process, as I understand Chris stated prior, there would be no need for a warranty.

Just give Alienware CS a call, its a totally polar experience than standard Dell CS.

Apparently after the merger, Alienware's tech support/cs remained in place in Miami and Costa Rica. That's a VERY good thing.

190 Posts

June 4th, 2010 19:00

Thanks for the reply . I called AW , and asked them about the part and the switch that they were supose to fix a nonth ago . Some how after my exchange out they say I have no warrinty,when I bought the exstended warranty and still have until 3/2010 . Its funny how it just got up and went away,no nothing . But thats another story . So I asked about this I/O part  and it seems thet won't fix it with no warranty . Here we go again with Dell failing again

190 Posts

June 4th, 2010 20:00

Sorry I ment 2011.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 5th, 2010 17:00

COWBOYCAT,

Click my username, click Add as Friend, in the blank area I need the following, then click Send request -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
PC Service Tag number:
Reason: Aurora Front Audio Jack Noise/Static

58 Posts

June 5th, 2010 22:00

Chris,

I'm getting static out of my front and rear ports, especially at higher volumes.  I was supposed to have a part shipped to me like a month ago (when I called, they said it was already dispatched), but it never arrived.  I am going to call in again, but was wondering if there was a ProblemID that I could reference to make it go a little smoother/faster?

Thanks in advance!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

JAY2010,

Send me your service tag number in a private message so I can look into this.

190 Posts

Thank you Chris for the reply . Message sent .

58 Posts

June 6th, 2010 11:00

Message sent; this has been a Day-1 issue; but when I saw the posts here regarding the audio jack I figured I'd wait for the fix that was due out.

Thanks so much for looking into this!

190 Posts

June 6th, 2010 18:00

Called Tech support today and there sending someone out to replace the switch and I/O panel . Got my fingers crossed . Now I have to get the warranty issue fixes .

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 6th, 2010 22:00

Just to clear up the naming confussion I created. The first release is Aurora, the second release is Aurora R1. My bad for using R2.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 24th, 2010 18:00

Dell-Chris M,

I just got my Aurora (x58-i7) a few days ago. I have noticed some distortion in the headphones.

In reference to this post:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19334362.aspx

How does one go about making sure they have the new board (in my case VG7K1)? When did the new boards start being used on the assembly line?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 27th, 2010 14:00

Would still like an answer about the boards but ...

The slight analog audio distortion at low levels (which is not that uncommon on PCs by the way) has cleared itself up. I think it was just the headphone cord laying too close to the case (even though it's designed to).

After opening the case and taking a look ... the Front Audio (analog) cable appears to go directly from the motherboard up to the top/front audio jacks. If the analog audio is picking up interference, it's likely due to the fact that the cable is sandwiched up against many power wires in the main wire channel keeper.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 28th, 2010 07:00

All the Front I/O Assemblies should be fixed by now.

No Events found!