Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2012 00:00

Aurora R4 Booting up freeze?

Sorry for this really long rant I'm about to type, my first post ever. So everything started when I got home turned on my comp and I notice that the lights were white, thought it was really odd since I have them set as all red. Wait for windows to boot up then I went into alienfx panel to try to change the lights back to red. According to it they are still set to red, tried changing colors but nothing happen. Just stayed white. So I start battlefield 3 since I know it has special lights settings for the game and sure enough the lights were back to normal. Then as I'm playing my monitor just looses the signal of the picture, but my comp is still running. Unplugged monitor and then turned it on and didn't get nothing. Then I turn off my comp by holding down the button since I didn't have any other choice. After windows boot up everything seemed fine but now all of my led lights where completely off followed by losing my picture signal again. Did a hard reset again but this time on the screen were windows is suppose to be loading the picture was all fuzzy and it just froze there. And it's been doing that over and over now. Took some pictures if anybody wants to see them. Again I apologize if I'm posting this all wrong but any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

I wouldn't worry about the lights for now.

Sounds like you are having a problem with either your monitor or video card. I suggest you call phone support and let them help you with the basic trouble-shooting.

Be sure Aurora is getting plenty of good clean power ... I suggest a good UPS (like a 1300-1500 APC).

5 Posts

At least I get to my desktop screen now but then it's just drops the signal again . Tried a different monitor and same thing. Loose the picture and my comp stays on like if nothing happened. Tried different cables as well same thing happens after restart. Btw I'm running 680 sli and 850psu. Evrything is stock to how i bought it from alienware. And yea going to call them in the morning.

No Events found!