Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2012 09:00

Aurora Restore

Hey

I just bought an Aurora desktop used and I wanted to do a full reinstall.  I didn't have the AlienRespawn Disk but I did have the Resources disk and the Alienware windows disk.  I booted from the DVD drive witht he windows disk and reinstalled.  I read that this would give me all windows default settings as opposed to the alienware factory settings which it did.  The resource disk wasn't as helpful as I thought it would be.  I installed the checked drivers but beyond that I am kind of lost. 

I'm new to the pc world and I was wondering if anyone had some basic info on getting my fully restored Aurora back up to speed.  Thanks for the help!

4 Posts

Sorry to sound incapable, but where would I find my service tag number?

72 Posts

You can go to Alien-Dell suport with your service tag number and any drivers that had been on your computer are there to download.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

If you have Windows installed, you can open a Command Prompt (go to Start and type in 'CMD' in the Search box), then in the black box type in the following:

wmic bios get serialnumber

It is also on a sticker on the bottom of your laptop.  It will be 7 characters long and will probably end with a 1.  You should also be able to find it by booting to the BIOS Setup F2.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

You posted in the section of the forums for servers and enterprise storage ... I moved your post to the Alienware Forums where it will get the attention of experts with Alienware products.  

June 5th, 2012 12:00

Hello Nelson, for desktops, the service tag you will find it on the back; more specific, close to where all the cables are plugged in.
Once you get the service tag, you can input it here: Drivers and Downloads
We have articles on how to install drivers, just pick your system:
Aurora R1
Aurora R2
Aurora R3
Aurora R4

Thank you

No Events found!