Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2012 14:00

Aurora r3 not booting

Hi

I'm having a problem with my Auora r3.

It was working normally then today when I turned it on there was no output to the monitor. The power button light comes on and the system fan continuously runs at 100%, which is strange and there are no beeps from the processor. Thinking that a connection may have come loose I looked inside and made sure that all the connectors are properly in their sockets which as far as I can see they are but I am not sure if there is something in particular I should be checking based on these symptoms.

Checked the monitor on another computer, it works fine.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any help would be really appreciated.

2.4K Posts

April 9th, 2012 15:00

Did you try pulling the power cord and holding the power button down for 30sec? If so then open the case and clear the CMOS. You can push the reset button or pull the coin battery. Keep in mind doing this resets the BIOS back to default so if it boots you may need to redo your settings.

April 9th, 2012 16:00

Thanks for the advise. I gave it a go, pulled out the power cord and held the button down but the same thing happened when I plugged it back in. Then I took the CMOS battery out for a good few minutes and also used the reset pins when I put the battery back, put it back together and held the power button again for 30 seconds. Unfortunately the same thing happens that I mentioned above :(

2.4K Posts

April 9th, 2012 16:00

If something failed the motherboard would be my first guess. Try taking the memory out of the system. Leave it out and try starting it. See if it beeps or anything. It should. Did you reseat the GPU? Try taking it out and putting it back in. Do you have another one you can test in the system? A bad GPU can do what you are seeing with no beeps minus the 100% fans.

Just some thoughts but if it was the power button you wouldn't expect it to do anything when you push it. If it was a dead PSU then you wouldn't expect the fans to run at 100%. You checked all the connections. You don't get any beeps so is there any kind of chance that it is booting to the desktop but you just don't have a picture? You can try pushing your windows key, then the right arrow key followed buy the enter key. That will cause windows to shutdown if it's truly on with no picture. I don't think that would explain the 100% fans though which puts me back to something with the mobo.

Try reseating everything. Memory,GPU and every cable you can get to. Make sure you do the ATX power cable. Don't just look to see if it's connected. Double check everything on the MIO board while you're in there. Could be that too.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 9th, 2012 17:00

You can dis-connect the MIO-Board from USB-1 header on the MB. At that point, the MIO-Board becomes a non-issue.

Strip machine down to very basics (only video card, RAM, and processor installed). Only USB should be keyboard and mouse.

April 10th, 2012 13:00

Ok. I have tried reseating everything and this didn't make a difference. Then i unplugged everything but the ram and gpus still nothing. I was expecting to get some beeping sounds, even if I take the memory out I get nothing. Another thing I did notice is that the fans in the gpus are not spinning but I'm not sure if this is because they are not receiving any signal rather than because they don't have any power, everything else has power.

Not sure what else to try. I'm thinking that there may be something seriously wrong with the motherboard or processor but I have no way of telling for certain and both are expensive to replace.

Thanks for your continued help.

No Events found!