Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 29th, 2016 07:00

BIOS Double loading on Aurora R5

I have an aurora r5 with the 6700k and gtx1080. It came with the standard Toshiba 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive. I added a sandisk x400 m.2 ssd 512gb. I used easeus todo backup to clone the os to the ssd. It worked great no issues.

Then I decided to go with a Samsung 850 evo m.2 1TB from dell because it was on sale. So I cloned the ssd back to the hdd and returned the sandisk ssd. After I cloned the ssd back to the hdd I lost half the drive space because it cloned the 512gb ssd. It showed unallocated space, but I couldn't figure out how to merge this with the other partition on the drive.

So after this, I decided to do a clean install with the dell recovery image with usb. Everything worked out great. I reloaded all the drivers and alienware programs. Then when I received the Samsung ssd, I cloned the os to it from the hdd. Now my bios double loads everytime I start or restart the computer, meaning the alienware image comes up, then goes to a black screen, and then comes up again before it boots to windows. This has made it so my ssd really saves me no boot time.

Sorry about the long post but, any ideas on what could be going on? I have formatted my original hdd and unplugged it even. I also made sure my ssd was set as the first boot device. Should I just do another clean install and reload drivers?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 30th, 2016 14:00

Hi,

You should format all drives and start from scratch to get that sorted out. Your machine probably has a confusion caused by the Windows boot Manager. Otherwise, you could try changing the boot location in the Boot Menu until you find the right Windows Boot Manager to boot from (you will likely see more than one).

7 Posts

December 1st, 2016 07:00

That worked! Started completely over and now it boots like it should. Thanks!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

December 4th, 2016 19:00

You're welcome!

No Events found!