Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2012 17:00

Blue Screen Crash Followed by Absent nVidia GeForce 560m HARDWARE?

Hi,
My Alienware M17x R3, which I bought in February of 2012, earlier stopped detecting my nVidia GeForce 560m Graphics Card. I've tried redownloading/installing the software but I continue to get a screen that says, "Install cannot contiue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". I've tried looking through tutorials on other people with this problem but most of them have to do with updates not installing and ends up with them still actually having their Hardware still findable on their computers. I've checked the Device Manager, software location files, among other things, and it is completely missing. Take note that previous to this happening I got a BLUE SCREEN that shutdown my Laptop. So my question, obviously, is how do I fix this?

I feel lke I've done everything. Could it be that the thing that reads the card crashed? Because I just Updated my Realtek Card Reader AFTER this whole ordeal just to be sure it wasnt that.

I'm flipping out because I didn't pay for the nVidia GeForce 560m so it can just weigh down my Laptop, nor did I pay $2000 for the laptop to only have a crappy Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. I need it for school and games! So thanks to anyone who can find a solution to my problem. And Extra thanks to anyone who can find a solution to where I don't need to open or send in my Laptop. Thanks

Thanks Everyone! I've solved the problem! As stated below

46 Posts

July 8th, 2012 21:00

I get mine fixed where I check the exact graphic driver on my M17x R3 via driver locator software and then make sure that I will download the right driver for it. I also tried reinstalling Windows 7 and let the Windows 7 detect the driver via Windows Update. Then install it afterwards.

46 Posts

July 8th, 2012 21:00

I get mine fixed where I check the exact graphic driver on my M17x R3 via driver locator software and then make sure that I will download the right driver for it. I also tried reinstalling Windows 7 and let the Windows 7 detect the driver via Windows Update. Then install it afterwards.

96 Posts

July 8th, 2012 22:00

Sounds to me like your graphics card has come loose or been disconnected internally. As I don't know much about laptop hardware setups, it would be difficult to advise how to fix this, therefore, I reccommend you contact Dell via phone support as the product is still under warranty.

July 9th, 2012 12:00

You should try this. You can also try flashing the BIOS to the latest version, just go here and enter your service tag and look for the latest BIOS file available.

July 9th, 2012 16:00

Thanks you everyone for the help! I just fixed it somehow! I re-restored from a back-up from a month ago, then I reinstalled all the "Windows Updates" and after restarting so the updates could configure it was back!!! Soooo much relief. Thanks again everyone!

July 10th, 2012 08:00

I'm glad that everything worked out for you! :)

No Events found!