Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2014 20:00

Bluetooth Problems

Hello All,

I went to connect my Bluetooth ear bud this evening to my computer with no luck. I went to Control Panel and My Bluetooth and found an error "Bluetooth radio device is not available". 

I used this ear bud in the past with this computer {Alienware Aurora R4} and it worked fine. Connected it to my iPhone to make sure it wasn't the bud itself and it worked.

Any suggestions? 

• 

2.7K Posts

September 18th, 2014 10:00

Have you try this ear bud in another computer? Because if you are able to connect other device then is not a problem with the Bluetooth is a problem with the device, do you know if it needs any software or any specific driver? 

12 Posts

September 21st, 2014 08:00

Yes,

The ear bud works perfectly on other devices. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the bluetooth driver so I can re install in my computer?

Thank You

• 

2.7K Posts

September 23rd, 2014 16:00

Which wireless card do you have? 

12 Posts

September 24th, 2014 20:00

I looked everywhere and cannot find what wireless card that I have. The only thing that I see is:

Under Network Adapters:

802.11bgn 1T1R Wireless Adapter

Realtec PCIe GBE Family Controller

I looked at my PC information sheet and it did not say under the hardware what type of card it is. 

Does this help any? I was going to jump ahead and re-install the drivers for the card but there was 4 to choose from on the support site for this Alienware AURORA_R4 and not sure which one to pick.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 24th, 2014 21:00

If you have a Bluetooth radio in this PC, it should be listed in Devices and Printers. If it's turned-off, the icon might not appear in the TaskTray.

Usually, you want it On, but not "Discoverable". It's the things like headsets and phones that are usually discoverable.

• 

2.7K Posts

September 26th, 2014 08:00

I agree with Tesla. As well check in the device manager you may find the wireless card there. 

12 Posts

September 26th, 2014 14:00

I agree with both of you with what I should be seeing, however, I don't see anything about bluetooth in the device manager or in the devices and printers. 

This is the problem. It has disappeared totally from my computer. It was working just fine a few months ago.

Nothing in the notification area as well.

I have the Alienware AURORA_R4, 

The PC information sheet that came with the computer only has one line that says anything about bluetooth and its under the drivers section:

• Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device, 2-8-2010, 3.0.2.298

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 26th, 2014 15:00

My Aurora is a R1. My BT-Module looks like this, does yours?

It's the little card on the metal plate, held to frame with black knob.

It connects to the MIO-Board because there is actually a USB-Hub on-board.

bluetooth_2.jpg

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 26th, 2014 15:00

I agree with Tesla. As well check in the device manager you may find the wireless card there. 

If it's working (but turned off) is still appears in "Devices and Printers". That's why I said look for it there.
It must be On to appear in Device Manager. It appears in it's own folder, called "Bluetooth Radios". Mine is named "Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module". If you don't see that, are there any Unknown devices or devices marked with an error? If it's not detected somehow, installing drivers won't likely help.

No Events found!