Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2014 01:00

Bluetooth issue on Alienware x51

Hi,

i've just bought a BT headset (Macrom HPB20, BT v.3.0) and i can't pair it with my Alienware x51 (with W8.1) . I've updated the bluetooth driver through the Dell system detect  but the PC is not able to see the headset.

I've also tried to pair other devices (phones). It doesn't work! It's actually the first time I try to use the bluetooth on my Alienware, it's new. I start thinking that there is a problem to my x51...

Anybody can help?

Thank you in advance.

11 Posts

February 18th, 2014 13:00

Please help!

I really don't know what to do... How can i test if the BT radio of my pc is working?

Thank you.

11 Posts

February 18th, 2014 15:00

Yes of course!

Using the w8.1 metro app, the system keeps searching for devices forever. 

Using the classic BT interface from the control panel, after 1 minute it says no device found. 

I'm lost!

1.2K Posts

this a is from another thread:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19519763.aspx

DW 1550 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Wireless Combo was an option on latest systems so  see if you have this card installed

11 Posts

Yes, my x51 is new, I bought it for Christmas, and it comes with that card.

There is the driver, there is the BT icon but when I search for devices, none is found !!  I downloaded the latest driver but nothing changes. So I don't know what to do!

Any suggestions? Thanks. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

but when I search for devices, none is found !!  

Are you putting the "devices" into Pairing-Mode first?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

Don't play in Metro ... use Desktop.

In BlueTooth Settings (Window with all the Tabs) ...

I don't think you have to allow Discovery of the computer, however, in Connections section, you do have to check-mark ...

"Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer"

11 Posts

February 18th, 2014 22:00

Yes I did it but "no device found"!

The PC is not able to see any device and it is also not visible to the device : I can't find the pc from the phone or other PC. 

It feels like the BT radio is turned off (even though the icon says it is working) but there is no switch to turn it on as far as I know...

11 Posts

February 21st, 2014 12:00

No one else has some suggestions?

Thanks.

February 23rd, 2014 02:00

I'm having the exact same problem! I've searched high and low for a solution but nothing works. I noticed that while I was trying to pair my xp500 TB headphones to my X51 that my Samsumg laptop "recognized" that a Bluetooth device was trying to pair with it - so I don't think it's an issue with my headset. Hopefully someone has a solution - I'm surprised more people aren't having the same issue. 

11 Posts

February 28th, 2014 01:00

I just wanted to tell you the end of the story...

I sent an email to the DELL support. They told me to install the new driver. I answered that it was already done. They didn't get it and sent me the link to the driver. That link pointed to 2 files: the first was the driver I already installed, the second was another driver for 32 bit system with 64 bit emulation. I've tried to install the second driver: it didn't work but it gave me a log file. Inside I found this message:

EnableRadio - failed to load BtwRSupport.dll

The DELL support then told me that they would send somebody at home to replace the Bluetooth card. The guy came: he opened the PC and discovered that the existing card was incorrectly plugged in my PC. Only one of the two small cables needed for the connection was actually plugged in. He just plugged it and now it's working. 

Lesson learnt: also DELL / ALIENWARE assembling isn't perfect. My 1.700€ x51 would have deserved a little more of attention!!!

Now I have another problem: the Bluetooth connection is working but the quality of the sound in my headset is very low. The same headset connected to my iPad has a very good quality. How is it possible?

March 1st, 2014 10:00

I finally found a fix: I purchased a Bluetooth USB Adapter for @ $11, plugged it in and now everything works fine. 

I'm guessing that my Alienware X51 A) Never had Bluetooth or B) Something else. At any rate, I'm happy to say my Turtle Beach xp500 headset are now working/pairing!

No Events found!