Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2012 05:00

Brand new Aurora R4, Wifi slow

Hello

I received my computer yesterday and all my attempt to fix the problem failed so maybe you guys can help me.

After doing the first login setup I did the updates and everything but noticed how slow my internet was so I ran a speedtest and the results were horrible, 1-1.5Mbps downloading speed.. Upload seems fine at 3 Mbps. I ran the same test on my old computer and I get around 20 Mbps.

I though maybe the drivers of the Wireless Adapter need to be updated, so I downloaded the drivers on dells website right here:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/alienware-aurora-r4?driverId=0RN8X&fileid=2794304606

Now before I even finish downloading the file I get a bluescreen saying APC_index_mismatch yadada. I reboot the computer google the error apparently It might be the drivers, good.. I finish downloading the drivers...remove the previous ones and install the new one.. same issue. Now I tried a few times and I got a little upset so I reinstalled Windows thinking It might do the trick. Nope, I reinstalled everything.. all the drivers.. I got a few bluescreens and very slow internet speed. The signal is at Excellent. 

I'm a little upset as I had many delays in my order and I get a computer that just doesn't work properly.... Anyway, I'll contact Support whenever I'm off work but If anybody got any ideas why and how I can fix that I would appreciate it! 

Thanks!

December 5th, 2012 08:00

Wasdzilla,

We would like to review your case, please send us an e-mail to awsocialmedia@dell.com please include the service tag, phone number and brief description of the issue :)

16 Posts

December 6th, 2012 07:00

I have exactly the same issue. Mine was delivered yesterday and the wifi speed is dreadfully slow 

My old XPS has no issues.

December 6th, 2012 12:00

Please do as above!

16 Posts

December 12th, 2012 01:00

Any news? I've read the complete topic on 'x51 - wifi issues' and I'm afraid it is the same/similar issue.

Meanwhile, I bought an USB wifi stick (Cisco/Linksys AE1000) and I now have more acceptable wifi speeds.

2 Posts

December 12th, 2012 09:00

Well I spent 2 hours on the phone with a tech and he couldn't help me with my issue. Asked me to contact him the next day to try more things.. I have better things to do in my life so I uninstalled the drivers..bought a wireless pcie adapter.. Now everything works fine. The problem is definetly the drivers. Lesson learned, don't trust Dell with the simple task of providing a wireless adapter has been tested. Clearly the only available driver is flawed.

December 12th, 2012 14:00

BelFrank

These issues are not related,  please send us an e-mail to awsocialmedia@dell.com please include the service tag, phone number and brief description of the issue to review your case.

16 Posts

December 13th, 2012 08:00

Hi Karen,

Did so already. I will try to send it again this evening (CET).

No Events found!