Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2013 17:00

Brand new M17x-R4 will not power on?

I just got a new Alienware m17x R4 and i cant seem to start it. I have tried to have the charger in for several hours already, but nothing seem to work. It simply wont turn on, when i click the power botton. Please help me guys. :)

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 28th, 2013 18:00

Hi TheLam3,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to switch on the system.

If the issue still persists. Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase; email address so that I can check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

2 Posts

June 29th, 2013 04:00

When i plug my AC adapter to the pc, the light one the top of it stops glowing. before i plug it in, a blue light is coming from it. ive tried to have the batterie out and all the other things you mention. please help me!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 29th, 2013 13:00

TheLam3,

Follow DELL-Ravi CH instructions...

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase; email address so that I can check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

No Events found!