Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2013 02:00

Can't go dark

Hi, I recently bough an alienware m17x and didnt particularly care for all the lights when i was falling asleep to music.  I started using the go dark feature from the alienfx notification icon.  Today, i turned on my computer and the lights in the power zones that i cant turn off through the alienware command center were on.  Also, the icon for alienfx has disappeared, and when i go to the notification area icons settings and set alienfx to "show icon and notifications" it says "This notification is not currently active, it will be shown when it becomes active."  The icon doesnt show up when i open the command center or anything like that either.  I just want to turn off these freaking lights.  PLEASE HELP

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

February 19th, 2013 09:00

Maybe Windows ran updates at night that conflicted with the command center, I'd recommend that you try a system restore, following the steps in the article below.

How to run Windows® 7 System Restore in your Alienware™ computer

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

February 19th, 2013 09:00

Also, what's the revision of your M17x? (r1, r2, r3 or r4?)

1 Message

July 24th, 2014 18:00

Haloo... same problem  here i cant all my lights turn off.... there is no anymore small alien head at task bar... before i was only can owerthere do that... i was also doing reset all notification action but cant... something else?

1.8K Posts

July 25th, 2014 09:00

Haloo... same problem  here i cant all my lights turn off.... there is no anymore small alien head at task bar... before i was only can owerthere do that... i was also doing reset all notification action but cant... something else?

Hi, 

What Alienware model do you own and what operating system are you running? If it's a laptop, check if there's an AlienFX switch on the function keys in the keyboard. 

Also, try following the troubleshooting steps in this article

Let me know how it goes!

No Events found!