Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2016 15:00

Complaint of Laptops

Hello,

I will be writing a complaint about what point alienware franchise has came to as I still want to believe that someone in DELL will hear it somehow and take necessary measures. I decided to write this when ı found myself considering to buy 2009 version of Alienware laptops This is a genereal complaint from the gamer community who, more or less, knows how Alienware laptops used to be so don't compare us with illeterate youtube rewievers. First thing is the built of new laptops. They removed the CD driver which is understandable and was necessary for it should have opened up considerable space in chasis which we thought that they would do something crazy. But no we got nothing but bigger speakers which a gamer hardly uses. On top of this, I had wondered how 2 fans is any better than 3 fans for the same sized laptops for cooling purposes. Then ı realised that they removed the SLI option that made Alienware computers "the beast" in the first place. Just when we think that alienware just can't go down anymore you have changed the iconic look of the laptops which they got their name "Alienware" from. A company named Alienware shoud produce goods that look like "not from earth" because "alien" you know. We somehow got used to with the new design. Then DELL decided to solder everything to the god *** motherboard. This is outrageus.(but we got little alien head power button back so it's cool) DELL somewhy shifted their standing position from "Laptop looking desktop" to "mediocore laptop" producer. You see, when your warranty dies after 2 years and an issue from the cpu or gpu arises, you will have to buy the whole motherboard again. Not to mention this action dug the grave of upgradability which is a huge step backwards. Graphics amplifier does not relieve any sorrow that laptop systems are ought to be mobile.
Those youtube rewievers would say that new laptops are the Flagships of "Future Gaming" that they do not compare it with "Old relics of alien technology". What is DELL doing here is constant backwards steps with every new generation of laptops with up to date equipments to deceive people. Real Alienware laptops died in 2014 but you guys still have chance to revive them. At least that is what ı expect from a company ı personally used to admire of their extreme and grew up with dream of working on DELL. Please revise the road your company is taking.
With best regards and hope
Alienware Community
No Responses!
No Events found!