Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2010 18:00

Fans at 50% on startup, no lights, sensors reading 0

So, after being away for 5 days I come home, turn my computer on and notice the side panel lights are out, the fan wont stop roaring, and after going into the command center the sensors are reading 0. I had problems out of nowhere last week with the fans hitting 50% out of sleep. I'm guessing this has to do with the same issue. What is going on here, is the hardware going bad? All I use this computer for is running a 3d animation program. I have not made any tweaks or anything asside from the Windows updates. Why would these problems come out of nowhere?

29 Posts

March 30th, 2010 21:00

Thats exactly the problem I'm having. Tech support has told me that my fx io board is bad. There replacing it tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 30th, 2010 21:00

What PC model?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 30th, 2010 22:00

Try this,

* Power the PC off
* Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the PC
* Press the PC power button in for 10 seconds. This resets the I/O board
* Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the PC
* Power the PC on. Test it

76 Posts

March 30th, 2010 22:00

Thanks Chris, I just have the regular Aurora. I did what you said and will let you know if either of the problems happen again. If it is any help, I can tell when the fan will be roaring out of sleep as the front alienhead light will not be the normal sleep strobing color, it will be stuck on which ever color I had it on before I put it in sleep. Also when ever I unplug the power cable, the next time I turn the PC on both side panels will be off. After a reset they come back on.

No Events found!