Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

December 29th, 2015 14:00

Frequent BSoD crash on my new 15r2

I have had my 15r2  with Windows 10 Pro for only  couple of weeks. Recently, the drivers for the GTX970 have been periodically stopping and resetting while I am using the laptop. This could be during anything as intense as video editing or simply web browsing. I have done as much research as I can to try to solve this issue.

When I use SFC, I corrupt files are found that it cannot repair. Using the DISM does not fix the issue. I did an in place upgrade repair install, and yet the issues are still present. I am still getting fairly frequent BSoD issues and corrupt files are still showing up in my SFC.

Here is a link to the most recent minidump and the CBS log

Link

Any help or advice you can give me to correct this issue would be appreciated. It is very frustrating to be in the middle of a video editing project and have your work lost due to BSoD.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

December 30th, 2015 15:00

Hi,

Have you already reinstalled the video card drivers? Which BIOS version are you running?

January 4th, 2016 09:00

I use UEFI: Alienware 1.2.2

The Nvidia drivers are up to date. I'm beginning to think that it is a conflict between Windows 10, the Nvidia drivers, and the video editing software I was using. I uninstalled the software and have not had a BSoD since. The software is Corel VideoStudio X8

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 5th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

Thank you for confirming this.

January 7th, 2016 14:00

A further update:

I recently reinstalled the Corel VideoStudio X8 software and the BSoD errors began again. After doing some research I eventually decided to go into the Nvidia graphics options where I discovered that the global default was to auto select between the onboard intel gpu and the gtx 970. I decided I would set the Corel program to run on the gtx exclusively. However, that option was greyed out. Even after going to the global settings and selecting the gtx as the global default, when looking at the Corel program, it only gave the option of running on the intel gpu.

I eventually had to use the command prompt to create an new executable file for the Corel program that forced it to launch using the gtx 970 gpu. Since I've been using that exe, I have not had the blue screen issues while running the Corel software.

I am not sure if the heart of the problem lies with the intel gpu, the nvidia drivers and software, or the Corel VideoStudio X8 program, but I wanted to share what I discovered in case anyone else has this problem or if future problems arise in any other software.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this problem would occur? Would a lack of video processing memory cause a kernel security check error? And finally, could it cause sfc to find unfixable errors on my system?

327 Posts

January 8th, 2016 09:00

please give me the BSod code ??? i can help you if you give me the name of the blue screen

No Events found!