Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2016 18:00

Geforce Experience

Not sure if this is an issue or not but I just received my Alienware 17 r3.  Noticed it just came with the NVidia driver instead of GeForce experience so did a quick search and saw that GeForce experience can be used on laptops.  Downloaded and installed the latest GeForce experience and it downloaded and installed the latest driver.  Everything works fine but one thing that's bugging me is the GeForce experience program doesn't work the same as it does on my desktop.  On my desktop, the program starts up automatically when windows starts plus when I exit out it minimizes to the hidden icons area.  It doesn't do this on the laptop.  I have to start the program manually and when I exit the program, it closes it instead of minimizing to the hidden icon area.  Is this normal laptop behavior or should it actually be doing the same thing as my desktop?

July 13th, 2016 09:00

It works completely different on laptops. That's why the behavior is different. You could try changing the settings if they're present in the configuration page of the app and add it to auto-start of the OS.

7 Posts

July 13th, 2016 13:00

There are no settings to have the program start up automatically on either my desktop install or laptop install.  For some reason it starts and I guess runs as a service on the desktop but isn't doing that on the laptop.

July 13th, 2016 15:00

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I meant to say that you can add it on the MSConfig menu in Windows or Task Manager if you have a later version of Windows.

No Events found!