Highlighted
SceneZombie
Not applicable

Got unlucky with BIOS A13

Jump to solution

So BIOS update A13 gave me a nice expensive brick...again (BIOS A10 or one of those did it last time). I should have waited to see the turn out but apparently the crack flasher in me gave me the finger itch. The darn .exe froze right  at the start so I'm  sure it only wiped my old BIOS and didn't do anything else, and now I'm <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> ! 😧

So did the standard fixes of jumping the CMOS pins, waiting for full power drain, etc. but still can't get it up. I'm left with nothing to even get to post with. Just powers on and get full fan speed on all hardware etc. Nothing I haven't experienced before with a custom PC, but this time I don't have another BIOS to save me :'(

Can I get any help? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Krypton

Re: Got unlucky with BIOS A13

Jump to solution

Better to flash BIOS from Safe Mode or even better, DOS bootable flash drive.

If under warranty, only flash BIOS with phone agent. Call them now and let them walk you through it (they will say in Windows is fine so roll with it) .

Most after-market motherboards have dual-bios, and have for many years.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Better to flash BIOS from Safe Mode or even better, DOS bootable flash drive.

If under warranty, only flash BIOS with phone agent. Call them now and let them walk you through it (they will say in Windows is fine so roll with it) .

Most after-market motherboards have dual-bios, and have for many years.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
SceneZombie
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Which I was going to do, and usually do for other systems, but seeing as the OS GUI one Dell uses has been good most of the time I decided to roll with it. A stupid lapse in judgment given my technical level.

Well I'm going to mess with the BIOS jumpers and battery again, and hopefully though some miracle it at least posts until I get them on the line.

0 Kudos