Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2011 02:00

Internet not working on startup half the time.

Hey guys,

In the last month or so I have been experiencing a weird problem. On start up I have no internet access half the time and I will have to do a restart to get it to work. Some times i have to restart 2 or 3 times before it will connect. When the internet is not working things like iTunes wil hang and not launch.

Any advice? 

36 Posts

September 22nd, 2011 12:00

Are you sure it is a computer issue and not a router/modem issue? Either way, there are just too many possible causes for a connection/no connection issue. Probably a better question for a networks forum.

35 Posts

September 22nd, 2011 13:00

My new Aurora I got yesterday does the same thing, and its not a router/modem issue. The computer can boot up and it doesnt recognize the network adapter, doesnt even show up networking adapter settings. Sometimes I have to reboot the computer 2-3 times before the adapter shows up, onboard that is.

The wireless adapter installed works everytime.

March 19th, 2012 03:00

Fairly sure that it wasn't caused by a windows update.

I've followed the advice of several other forum posts by installing the most recent network drivers etc to no effect.

This would suggest that it is a hardware issue?

Cheers,

Alex.

501 Posts

Me too. It started about 5 days ago. I'm not desperate for a solution because Windows troubleshooter resets the connection with ease but I am curious to know what is causing it. A recent Windows update perhaps?

I've been having exactly the same problem with my 1ish year old Dell XPS. Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

(I realise that this something of a longshot seeing as the original post was made last year, but i'm pretty desperate.)

Cheers,

Alex.

757 Posts

March 19th, 2012 16:00

Try uninstalling it from Device Manager, restart computer, and allow Windows to reinstall it.

No Events found!