Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2012 22:00

M14X problems with motherboard and Windows 7

Hello, I purchased my M14x back in Nov of last year. I had it for approximately 4 weeks when the motherboard went out, I.E the screen would not turn on but the computer would power up. So, it was sent back for repairs, new motherboard and RAM. I got it back and it was good for about another 3 weeks then bam!, same problem. This time a tech was dispatched to my home and replaced the motherboard and RAM. As he finished his repairs and tried to load the BIOS and other programs, Windows kept locking up, to the point you would have to do a hard restart. He left  my house with the computer still not working properly and I was told to do a Windows reinstall. Flash forward to today, After a fresh install, new and updated drivers and no other programs loaded on the computer except SWTOR, Windows still locks up for no reason at odd times. I can plat SWTOR for hours with no problems, but as soon as I exit, window will lock up, forcing hard restart. I must repeat this process several time before it will function for a short while. I plan on calling them in the morning, but am not hopeful the problem will be solved without me having to ship it back for reapirs a 3rd time! All I want is a computer that works, any help or ideas is appreciated.

February 7th, 2012 18:00

I am following your posts.  This is not a good trend for Alienware.

22 Posts

February 7th, 2012 22:00

The same problem happened today! I was able to play SWTOR running Raidcall with no interuptions for around 5 to 6 hours. As soon as i logged out of the game and closed raidcall, the system locked up! I can't for the life of me figure this one out. How can a game work fine, but Windows not?

February 8th, 2012 15:00

I sent mine back asking for a destructive reinstallation of the OS with the latest drivers.  I dont have the time anymore to play the IT tech.  I spent years doing that as a career and now I do not enjoy it.

22 Posts

February 8th, 2012 21:00

so they did it without any questions? I am still under warranty and hopefully they will do the same for me.

No Events found!