Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2011 17:00

M14x GPU not being rocognized?!

Hello everyone,

I have had my M14x for about 2 and a half months, I'v been doing no more that some gaming on Battlefield 3 and Minecraft, along with schoolwork. Just over a week ago, my m14x started getting bluescreens constantly. Every time I would start up, the computer would run for about 2 minutes, bluescreen, restart, and prompt me if I wanted to boot in safe mode. Now my GPU isn't being recognized. I checked everywhere. Its like it just doesn't exist, like it dissapeared, all my programs (including the diagnostic tools I got from the Dell website) are telling my that I only have my Intel integrated card along with 3GB or GPU RAM. Is anyone else having these problems? This was WAYYY to expensive of a machine for me to be going through this.

Thanks in advance,

Janek

1 Message

December 25th, 2011 15:00

I'm having an issue with my m14x that is about 2 months old that is very similar. ANY time I try to use the Nvidia GPU I get a lockup and/or BSOD. This includes videos, gaming, and even booting(I HAVE to boot with the power cord unplugged or I do not get the BIOS(no beeps either)). This is AFTER a tech came out and replaced a motherboard and RAM for an issue with varied beeps at boot(no VGA). Before the motherboard/RAM went out, the GPU was working very well. 

I'll have to call tech support AGAIN to get this issue resolved. And I agree, this "top of the line" machine should NOT be having these issues!!!

73 Posts

December 25th, 2011 16:00

i had this problem only when i went to update drivers that were old from the dell site i ended up having to reformat my HDD to get it all working again

No Events found!