Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2014 13:00

M14x R2 FPS issues

Hi

I have an alienware m14x R2 its just over a year old and It seems to be having a lot of issues with playing games I currently have to run skyrim on the lowest possible settings and it still has a bad frame rate 60% of the time I'm also noticing that it seems to perform better when its unplugged from the power. I have tried a fresh reinstall of windows, new drivers changed the setting to the high performance Nvidia card I've checked my temperatures and my GPU seems to get to around 67-70 degrees which is hot but not as bad as it could be any ideas on how to fix this would be fantastic

• 

2.7K Posts

February 3rd, 2014 14:00

Hello wundawaffle!

On this article you will find some more troubleshooting steps that you can follow to fix the problem.

Let us know how it goes.

February 3rd, 2014 15:00

I did the online game performance diagnostic scan and it failed the SMART short self scan Now one thing I should mention is I don't have my OEM disks Dell sent me a recovery USB I used it to install but no matter what I did it wouldnt install the operating system on the SSD so could that be causing part of the gaming performance issue?

EDIT:

I should have noted that it was the normal harddrive that failed the test not the Solid state

• 

2.7K Posts

February 4th, 2014 06:00

Have you run the PSA diagnostic as well?

No Events found!