Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 11th, 2014 16:00

Microphone detected but not working Alienware 17x R4

Hey,

I have a Turtle Beach Earforce x12 that I use msot of the time to play my games on my Alienware 17x R4, but my mic doesn't seem to work. It shows that it's ready on my device records, but when I talk near the mic it just doesn't recognize my voice. it shows by the name of ''Microphone - Sound Blaster Recon3Di''. I remember when I first plugged my mic as the name of USP or something like that... now it just doesn't come as this name. I was just wondering what I could do for my microphone to work (the one that is integrated is working but I tried my earpods and it just doesn't work too, so I don't know what to do...)

Thanks, and sorry for my english.

• 

2.7K Posts

October 20th, 2014 09:00

Hello Mauderobz!

Have you try any other microphone on that jack? As well is the headphone working properly in another computer? 

2 Posts

October 21st, 2014 11:00

Yes, works with my old mac.

I tried many microphones and none of them are recognized as a mac. The sound works, but not the mic.

• 

2.7K Posts

October 24th, 2014 16:00

If any microphone is working so there might be a problem with the port. If you are still under warranty and you live within US or Canada you can send me a PM with a brief explanation and the service tag otherwise you can contact the technical support site in your country so they can help you. 

No Events found!