Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2015 03:00

New Alienware 17 production time very long (more than showed on website)

Hello,

I ordered an alienware 17 with only the SSD update on 12/09/2015 and it shows EDD 14/10/2015.

Actual status is still Pre-production. I know that Intel has launched a new chip i7 but I would like to have it as soon as possible, at least within 15-20 days as the website said (when bought).

Can someone take a look and give me more information about status of parts and so on? 

Thanks!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 24th, 2015 13:00

Hi, 

I recommend you contact the Dell Sales Support department in your region for more information on this. We are with the Alienware Technical Support department, this is all the information I have available. 

1 Message

September 24th, 2015 19:00

Do not worry. the problem in all of world. Because of new cpu launched. Dell need more time to prepare it, also they have changes in model, like USB-C and cancel Mini Display Port, so their factory need time to change their production machine and production skill that need more time. 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 23rd, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Your estimated delivery date is an estimated date that is calculated based on three factors:

• Production/Packing time - This is the time that it will take to assemble and/or pack your order for shipment. The length of time is influenced by the production build time and/or product availability.
  • Payment method - The amount of time it takes for authorization of the payment is different for different forms of payment such as Credit Cards, Pay Pal, and Dell Preferred Account.
  • Shipping Option chosen at the time of purchase - The Shipping option is the amount of time it will take for your order to arrive at your address AFTER it has shipped.

The estimated delivery date may change, you can keep track of this information by checking the order status on the Dell support site, click here for the link.

2 Posts

September 23rd, 2015 09:00

Hi, thanks for your response.

I know the idea of estimation. What I wonder it is if everything is because of this new CPU as on website it was showed delivery between  5 and 18 days, at least on UK website. This is not a month and a half like I have estimated. In addition, the CPU model is not the same as showed on the website referencing the new generation of i7 chip.

It is wierd that a company as Alienware/dell gets orders for more than on week as pre-production and with long estimation date when at same time has published a 5 to 18 days delivery. Something is not ok I would say and I would like to know what is that, at least something else than a standard response saying nothing (with my respects).

Thanks again for your quick response.

11 Posts

September 24th, 2015 12:00

I just placed my order yesterday 9/23/2015 and it shows my expected delivery date is on 9/28/2015. Granted order support still shows that it is in pre-production, so I doubt I will get it on Monday.

No Events found!