Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 6th, 2014 21:00

New Area 51- Delayed Shipping

Has anyone heard that New Area 51's are delayed.

I ordered my Area 51 at 9:05 on 10/28/14.

That is 5 minutes after they went on sale.

I was giving a delivery date of 11/25/14 and it was shown as in production.

Now Alienware states my production was cancelled and new delivery date is 12/10/2014.

This is my 5th Alienware PC- and I like them alot- but the time to build and delivery has to improve.

Anyone else have a delay in delivery?

59 Posts

November 26th, 2014 13:00

So because it is Canadian you will pay another $5k in taxes due to GST. LOL!  I grew up in Canada but now I live in "Mercia" in Chicago and don't have to pay those high taxes!

The same config is more expensive in USA even after my Canadian tax. That includes the black friday sale as well. lol. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

I got my Area 51 last Thursday.  However since Sunday it has been crashing ( blue screen of death).  Dell will be sending a technician to my home by about 11/28 to replace the CPU and motherboard. 

Did you try turning off the Over-Clocks?

Is it connected to good UPS battery (ie APC or CyberPower)? 

59 Posts

Dell orders a lot more stock though, they have to stock for new systems AND warehouses for warranty purposes all over NA.

27 Posts

California:

ARGHHHH- so disappointed to hear that for you. Well one thing I do know - Alienware will make it right.. That is the whole reason why I trust them. But Dell being in the middle does complicate things.

Well here is to hoping for a quality Tech that fixes the darn thing correctly the first time. Nothing more disappointing to have that happen on a new Alienware State of Art Machine.

I agree with you about the Aurora- I have 2 of them each one is decked out to the MAX cost around 5k each.. And those suckers just plug away- irregardless of the hundreds/ thousands of Microsoft updates that get loaded on the PC. Aurora are great machines.

I might show my ignorance with this question- like I stated before I am not a gamer- I never have and dont know how too? Well except for the late 80's like pac man and asteroids.. LOL

Do you think overclocking can cause any issues for you? I have read alot about it since you explained?

BTW - my GF did just buy Walking Dead and Evil Within as we just purchased the ALienware ALX51. ******************************************************************

The Aurora 1 and 2 and M17 Laptop and the new Area 51 to be delivered on 12/5/2014 are for my business-  designing and engineering and graphics presentation.

GOOD LUCK.....Please keep us posted on the Service

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

27 Posts

California:

That Sux. Sorry for your headache.

But the one thing I can say is Alienware will fix the issue.

That is the reason I like Alienware and support the product- with my soon to be 6th alienware computer Area 51.

But I am sure your disappointed-- just remember like you said-- the Aurora is a Work HOG- you just got a bad part on the Area 51 - once corrected I expect the Area 51 to dominate your Aurora...

Eat some Turkey tomorrow and Friday 11/28/2014 your back up and running.

GOOD LUCK on repair. Keep us posted on the service.......

4 Posts

December 2nd, 2014 04:00

Just received notification my order has shipped, to be delivered on 12/8/14.  It comes with triple Gtx 980.

59 Posts

December 2nd, 2014 12:00

Lucky you! Mine is still in production! 

1 Rookie

• 

31 Posts

December 3rd, 2014 13:00

I had the opposite experience .. ordered the A 51 R2 on 16 Nov with an estimated delivery on 10 Dec.  After ordering I was informed the estimated delivery was 28 Nov, not 10 Dec.   I received an email on 22 Nov that the unit had shipped and was expected to arrive, and did, on 24 Nov.

Note that I ordered a "bare bones" A51 R2 .. just a 2 TB hard disk and the AMD R9 graphics card.  I immediately added a SSD, 2 x 4 TB SATA 3 and pushed the memory from 16 GB to 32 GB in order to create a true number cruncher (running bare metal plus 3 VMs) ..

59 Posts

December 5th, 2014 01:00

Mine just shipped today!! I receive it tomorrow :D.

No Events found!