Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2016 08:00

New purchase AW15

Hello, lately I just purchase a new laptop ,AW 15 with the 32gb ram. I wonder after press the start button(the alienware head) and enter my password, how long it takes to start the window?(actually)

Because I actually took about around 5 second to run the intel HD graphic and the AlienFX all the small icon(at the right corner) is this OK?

Anybody who using aw15 can tell me after you just start the window, can you hear the fan? Not loudly, but is enough to hear it.

And when press the power button, do you have to press for few times to open the laptop?(some times I press like three times to open it) 

Do you hear any sound after few times tried to open?(not just fan sound but something like electric sound just when the power is on)

New  to Alienware/gaming laptop, not sure how it is.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 27th, 2016 15:00

Hi, 

You shouldn't have to press the power button several times to turn on the system. Are you running the latest Bios version for your system?

2 Posts

April 27th, 2016 19:00

But it won't start. I'm not sure, can you tell me where to check it?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 28th, 2016 15:00

Hi, 

If you can boot into Windows, you can check the Bios version by opening the MSINFO32 window in the search bar. It should show the Bios version somewhere in the middle. 

No Events found!