Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2015 15:00

Out if warranty alienware sold by retailer

I purchased alienware 14 from authorized dell retailer in Jaipur on 11/05/15

The owner told me that ot will take a few days time to update the warranty.

The system started facing problems from day one.Basically Freezing Problem.On diagnosis I came to notice that battery health was 50% which currently is 11% and system cant run without supply.

I started calling the owner as well as phone support about this issue.The phone support people says that only retailer can upgrade my warranty.

Service Tag: 
Ship date: August 22, 2013

Service Accidental Damage Service
Provider DELL
Start date November 24, 2013
End date November 24, 2014

Service NBD (Next Business Day on-site)
Provider DELL
Start date November 24, 2013

Service LS (no description available)
Provider DELL
Start date August 23, 2014

Service POW (Parts Only Warranty)
Provider DELL
Start date August 23, 2014
Owner till today is giving excuse that it will take a day or two to upgrade the system's warranty.
I think they sold me an old, defective out of warranty system and now are trying to run away with it.

What steps should I take? Can I take legal actions against them? I didnt bought an expensive alienware system to go through all this.
Regards
Badal Pareta

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 5th, 2015 09:00

Hello, 

If you bought the system from a retail store, you can do a retail registration on the Dell site to have your information and warranty transferred over. You just have to fill out the form and submit it. It could take 3-4 business days to be updated in your account. Click here for the retail registration link. Make sure to select the proper country on the bottom right hand side of the page.

3 Posts

August 5th, 2015 09:00

Registration Complete

It appears you have already registered. You can exit the application by clicking the Close button below.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 6th, 2015 09:00

For us to check this further, please send me a PM with your service tag. 

No Events found!