Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2013 16:00

R4 - Wireless Adaptor Dropping and associated weirdness!

Hello Alienware Club, I have a new problem on my R4. At random, my 802.11 bgn 1T1R Wireless Adaptor will drop. It totally disappears and gone off the Device Manager. I try to detect new hardware and nothing is found. It gets weird when I reboot my computer, it gets hung-up on the Alienware screen. At that point I have to manually power it down with the power button. Once I turn it back on it boots normally and the wireless adaptor is back up. I would think this is two different problems but I believe its associated. The boot hang-up only happens when the wireless nic card disappears. If I reboot the computer with the nic card present it boots normally. This just started happening over the past few days. No particular cycle. Any suggestions? ~Michael

• 

2.7K Posts

December 20th, 2013 15:00

Hello Weestals!

Could you tell us which system are we talking about an M17xR4 or the Aurora R4?

As a recommendation you can try doing a system restore to the date before the issue started, if you don’t have much information, if not, you can go to the device manager do a right click over the wireless adapter then properties and under power options uncheck the option that says allow this device to auto power off.

As well make sure the power options are set to high performance.

Let us know how it goes.

12 Posts

December 20th, 2013 17:00

Hello Milena, It is the Aurora R4! Sorry for not including this in the previous post. I will try the power option and see if that works first. Thanks! ~Weestals
No Events found!