Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2015 08:00

Samsung Level over headset won't pair to laptop

I recently got a pair of the samsung level over headphones which are bluetooth. My Alienware M14x will find the headphones and download all the drivers and everything but the headphones will have no audio at all. I've tried reinstalling the headphone drivers and extracting the bluetooth file from the resource disk but nothing works. Any ideas on what is wrong?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 1st, 2015 13:00

You may have to set the headset as a default device for it function properly. If you right click on the speaker/sound icon on the bottom right corner of the Windows taskbar, you will get some options, click on the "Playback Devices" option. In this window, check if you have the headset showing on the list, if it is showing, right click it and select the "Set Default" option. 

Please let me know if this works. 

May 1st, 2015 14:00

The headset doesn't even show up there. I've gotten the bluetooth driver off the resource disk which is Qualcomm Atheros wireless driver but I can never get past the turn on/off wireless switch screen.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 4th, 2015 08:00

Can you please confirm what is the revision for your Alienware M14x? For example, Alienware M14x R1/R2. 

May 6th, 2015 10:00

I don't know how to determine what revision my laptop is but I bought it last August(2014) from dell

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 6th, 2015 11:00

No problem that's fine. Were you able to finish installing the Bluetooth driver? If so, can you please check in device manager under the "Network Adapters" category and confirm if you show the Bluetooth driver listed?

May 6th, 2015 14:00

This is what I have. bluetooth.png

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 7th, 2015 14:00

Thank you for confirming this information. Please click here to view a troubleshooting article from Microsoft about common issues with the Bluetooth and Windows. Try the procedures on the article and let me know how it goes. 

May 7th, 2015 16:00

Thanks for the link but all of that stuff applies to windows 8 and I have windows 7

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 8th, 2015 11:00

I'm sorry about that. Try this link instead. Follow the steps on the how-to guide and let me know how it goes. 

May 8th, 2015 18:00

I linked my headset to the computer and downloaded all the drivers for it but it doesn't connect at all

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 11th, 2015 15:00

So your computer was able to recognize the headset? Are both the audio and microphone playback not working? Have you tested this headset with another system? If the system was able to properly recognize the headset and you followed the steps to set it up, there shouldn't be anything else causing it not to work. It could be a possible hardware problem.

1 Message

February 8th, 2016 10:00

I tried for hours to connect mi Samsung LevelU to hook up to my Dell comuter.I saw my device as connected  but no sound. I tried what you sai and it worked. You must have headphones on and connected for volume divice to list it' Thank You very much

March 1st, 2017 22:00

Just Press and hold play/pause/call Button of your Samsung Level U headset and press search for new devices from your PC. its working.

whatsapp @

No Events found!