Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2013 14:00

Serious Sound Issues (M14x R2) Please Help!

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me out with my sound issue here. A while back I had problems where I would be just listening to a simple youtube video or any sound on my computer through the laptop speakers but slowly it started crackling and eventually was just totally distorted and so I restarted my computer and it went back to normal. Not too long after that my sound blaster recon just completely would not recognize the built in laptop speakers or anything for that matter and the sound just sounded terrible. I then did some research and saw that it might be fixed by updating the bios so I did but still nothing. I then did a system restore to a certain point before all of this happened and everything went back to normal.

However now there seems to be something wrong with my soundcard or something because when I plug in headphones to my computer the bass is not how it used to sound and is very, very low. Not sure if this is also happening with the speakers though because I have not tested it yet. I am also sure it is not my headphones because I have tested them with other devices and have confirmed that it is definitely something wrong with my computer. This all seemed to happen so suddenly and I haven't downloaded anything to do with the sound in my computer lately at all. Please Help!

• 

2.7K Posts

September 23rd, 2013 16:00

Hello Billyl33!

And have you tried to uninstalled and reinstall the audio driver? that might help you as well. 

6 Posts

September 23rd, 2013 18:00

I tried this with my previous problem when soundblaster stopped working but it didn't help any. However I will give that a try for this problem and let you know if it changes anything.

• 

2.7K Posts

September 24th, 2013 07:00

yes please let me know how it goes. 

6 Posts

September 27th, 2013 00:00

Hello, sorry for the delayed reply, just been really busy. I do have an update though. Because I was busy, I did not have a chance to re-install the drivers and I was just about to but I wanted to test the audio again real quick to get a representation of a before and after with the same headphones on and such and now everything is working again for some reason.... I do actually remember though that I have seemed to have problems with headphones plugged in before though were the bass would just totally disappear but it only lasted up to a few seconds and this time it lasted longer. Is it possible for my sound card to be loose or something wrong with it or does anyone know of any other sort of explanation for this?

6 Posts

October 11th, 2013 01:00

My sound card has completely taken out the bass again... Anyone know what the problem might be? I don't think it is the audio drivers because it worked before without updating them. Any suggestions?

• 

2.7K Posts

October 11th, 2013 09:00

Hello BillyL33!

As a last troubleshooting step I will recommend you to do an Alienrespawn, to make sure that is not a software issue. 

3 Posts

October 22nd, 2014 12:00

i have same issue also with my laptop M14xR2 it sound crackle any suggestion how to fix this issue

• 

2.7K Posts

October 22nd, 2014 16:00

Have you tried all the previous troubleshooting steps? 

No Events found!