eternalkp
3 Zinc

RE: What is your CPU frequency?

using XTU: I only get 3.6ghz when slide all to 40x, not sure what is going on.

Screenshot (7).png

0 Kudos
eternalkp
3 Zinc

i tried that but my system crashes. and the fan kicks in eventhough i disable fan

[View:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANpwz71HXiQ:550:0]

0 Kudos
CJJacobs
2 Iron

1. You will never reach 4.1GHz without enabling OC Level 3 as your CPU needs more voltage to get there. Look at your screenshot and look at mine for differences in settings. 

2. That speed is a boost speed and can only be achieved on 1 core! All 4 cores will never run at 4.1GHz at the same time. 

OC2.gif

Here's a link to my previous scores and settings; hwbot.org/.../3035704

0 Kudos
CJJacobs
2 Iron

Do you have any other applications on your laptop trying to apply an overclock at boot? If so disable them. If one of them is trying to push the CPU beyond it's capabilities it could be causing your boot issue.

0 Kudos
eternalkp
3 Zinc

Nope. No other applications. I am asking for an exchange.

0 Kudos
CJJacobs
2 Iron

The Intel Extreme Tuning Utility will run at startup. But I agree that you should ask for an exchange. It ain't no fun if the overclock won't run! [:'(]

0 Kudos
Dashing_97
1 Copper

Hey man, please tell me as you showed the screenshot of i7 6700hq in the intel xtu, can you please tell me, was there no overcook available for the turbo speeds? Could the slider not be extended further to increase the clock speeds beyond stock? Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos