Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

July 12th, 2017 16:00

What should I do to ensure the best performance when upgrading my alienware alpha/steam machine to a Seagate FireCuda Gaming SSHD 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive (hybrid SSD + magnetic disk)?

I am upgrading my Alienware Steam Machine (that I installed windows on, so technically its an alpha?) i3 intel version to a Seagate hybrid SSD/Magnetic 2TB drive. Is there any way I should partition it to ensure I get the best performance? Should I just let windows 10 decide? then copy over the current data on the hard drive? 

I also didn't get any of the bundled software for steam, do I contact steam or dell about it? 

July 13th, 2017 12:00

just let Windows create all the Partitions.

but what do you meen by copying all Files? are we talking about Videos, Documents, Game Save Data and such or is it a Backup Image?

July 14th, 2017 17:00

I haven't decided yet, I was thinking a backup image, but all we have used it for is steam gaming so I was really just going to use it to prevent myself from having to re-download the games

July 15th, 2017 04:00

ah, got it. Steam Games have to be verified by Steam after you Copy and Paste the Games Folder. it will Download and Update some Parts of the Games. and sometimes the Games wont Launch and you have to repair the Game in your Steam Library. that is my own Experience.

Backup Image is a better Solution. or even better would be to Clone your current Windows and all Partitions. google "Clone Windows 10!. all you have to do later is open Disk Manager and Expand your Main Partition to the Correct Size of your new Hard Disk.

No Events found!