Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2015 07:00

Windows 10 and Respawn

Hello,

I was just wondering if I take the windows 10 ugrade and in sometime later i use the respawn feature will it reset me to windows 7 that came with my machine?

• 

2.7K Posts

June 3rd, 2015 10:00

Yes, if you perform an Alienrespawn the system will go back to windows 7 so I would recommend you to create a new factory image when you upgrade to windows 10.

12 Posts

September 13th, 2015 12:00

I successfully updated to Windows 10 on my x51 R2 machine.  But Alien Respawn is Dead on Arrival.

Once I realized that, I uninstalled it and have tried to re-install it, but it will not properly complete the install.  It *looks* like it has installed properly, but when you go to set it up it pops back with an "error" while working with the disk.

I suspect that it is simply incompatible with Windows 10 - especially since the only version of it that you can find to download was designed to work with Windows 7.

From what I can see, both Dell and Alienware are very quiet on this issue, but I am certain I am not the only person experiencing this sort of problem.  For the time being, I'm doing old fashioned manual backups.

6 Posts

May 2nd, 2016 22:00

"From what I can see, both Dell and Alienware are very quiet on this issue, but I am certain I am not the only person experiencing this sort of problem.  For the time being, I'm doing old fashioned manual backups."

You got that right!  Dell just ignores people who've been screwed with Alienware Respawn which is basically the Dell Data Safe Backup product that no longer works.  If you are like me, you are stuck with a huge disc of worthless .dsb files of your hard drive that nobody wants to touch, ESPECIALLY DELL!!   But they're not finished with you yet. They <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>you into paying $39.00 for a new copy of the old product that doesn't work!  THANK YOU Dell for<ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> everyone who has this problem!

No Events found!