Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2011 15:00

Windows logo key keyboard shortcuts not working - Alienware TactX Keyboard

I'm trying to figure out why shortcuts like Windows Logo + E to open Windows Explorer and Windows Logo + M to Minimize all windows are not working on my new Alienware Aurora ALX. I've tried reinstalling the keyboard drivers from Dell but that doesn't help. Is this something that can be supported with this keyboard or do I have to go back to my old keyboard without the Alienware driver to support the default Windows keyboard shortcuts?

For more information on the Windows Keyboard Shortcuts I'm needing please see --> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Keyboard-shortcuts

322 Posts

September 6th, 2011 19:00

I can't help you except mine work on mine.

1 Message

July 20th, 2013 12:00

I had the same problem and the fix is so easy it will make you sick.  I'll include the thread that I found my solution on but I will also simply tell you how to fix it so you do not have to spend the time I did to solve the problem:

Above the F3 & F4 keys is a slider switch for gaming.  Simply slide it to the left and enjoy your windows Logo key again.  Slide it to the right and lock out the key for gaming (so you don't blow that high score when you accidently strike the Logo key in the middle of your game).

OK the R key above your F1 key is for recording macros...like this: Press R and then Press a macro, the light will start to blink. Type what you want and then press R again.

Now press the macro Key that you designated. I did it as a test, this is what I recorded:Press R and then Press a macro, the light will start to blink. Type what you want and then press R again.

You can use this for logging in to sights or for gaming. It will record your keystrokes as long as it is blinking. If you want to record your keystrokes for logging in to a sight, then hit record, hit the macro key you want to designate it to. Now type your username, then use tab to switch boxes, then password, then use tab again and hit enter. Now stop recording. Play around with it a little until you get the hang of it.

The Gaming switch turns off your Windows key, and the menu key on your keyboard so you don't interrupt your gaming session by accident.

I don't know of any sites that offer pre made macros, but they are easy to do. You can just use the record key and never open the software.

But for more precision, I use the software. Open your TactX Keyboard ci. Click Edit and select Macro Manager. Now select New. Name it and hit enter. Now click start recording(let's just use site login for an example).

Type in username, tab, password,tab enter. It will record every keystroke in the proper order. Now you will see the letters you typed in a list with times(in ms). Right click on the time and click edit and change it to 30ms. This is the speed I use. Do this for every time on the list.

Similarly you can use the macros for cheats in a game as well. I have Crysis cheats programmed into mine. You have to use the tilde key in Crysis to bring up the console menu. I recorded `timescale = .3enter`

This slows time in the game to 30%. I edited my key timing to 30ms and it works like a charm. The same goes for setting time back to normal. you make a second one with a 1 where the .3 is.

After recording your macro, click ok. Now on the tactx ci page you select the button you want to assign it to. Click that button and scroll over Assign Macro and select the one you made from the list.

No Events found!