Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2012 16:00

i need your help..please

I've bought my Alienware m17x-r3 for 4 months...
My graphic card is GeForce GTX 580M
I used to play many game with-out lag or slow ! .
Now,I play a little bit, the game is going down and really slow..for 1 minutes...then go back to normal , then it keep happening...
How come it has happened to me recently ? 
i've searched on some website , some people call it as "  580m GTX throtting "  
I dont know how to fix it...
Can u help me ?
No mater what game i play,...its lag and slow...not like before 

Thank you,

11 Posts

January 11th, 2012 19:00

*Before reading please realise that I am not a Dell technician or certified in anyway!*

Hi Dylan! I have had my M17x for around 6 months and experienced a problem that sounds exactly like what you have.

When you play your games will they run with high frames per second for awhile and then drop for 5-10 seconds down to ten or less? Does it happen more and more as you play longer sessions? If yes please keep reading.

My problem seemed to be the 580m was overheating and was slowing down until cooler.

What I did (and I know this might sound like a cheap fix) is prop the laptop up off the surface I was playing on using two game cases from Xbox 360 games! So far, it seemed to have worked as the issue has gone away. I would recomend getting a cooling pad.

Give it a shot if you have time! Hope it works!

3 Posts

January 11th, 2012 20:00

Thanks a lot

That is my problem...

I used to use Cm Storm Geforce CF-19 for my laptop...it didnt happen

The only thing i dont uderstand...I just play game in only 1 minutes...then frame rate drop down...run like hell ! so slow !...it takes minutes.....then i use that cooler in order to get better like you said ...however, it happens again !

Should i reset the laptop ?

11 Posts

January 12th, 2012 10:00

Dylan,

It seems like you have a problem that involves more then overheating. I would definatly call up Dell's technical support and get their ideas about what it could be. If you don't want to do that, Private message Chris M on this forum as he is a Dell Representative and can propablly point you in the right direction! He propablly will post some ideas soon as he is pretty on top of things

Hope you can get it fixed! let me know what happens!

3 Posts

January 12th, 2012 10:00

can you call them for me ? please..i can't talk to them..the way they speak english, i can't hear and understand !

also, can u read this article ?

forum.notebookreview.com/.../616474-guide-580m-gtx-throtting-fix-no-need-modify-system-bios.html

No Events found!