Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2010 20:00

just got my new area 51 alx already noticing many problems HELP

ok so i just bought me an area 51 alx and first day i noticed so many problems but i've been reading here hoping for some fixes.first thing is like everyone else here the active venting doesn't work right no matter what the percentage is. the front alien head sops lighting up for no reason.i have bios A08 and it takes for ever to boot up.i paid 6,456 for this pc and i'm getting a little frustrated.

406 Posts

You got that right mine had issues but now they are fixed. I have been calling dell for the last few weeks.

406 Posts

Get ready for some dell hell.

28 Posts

i have a m15x and the m11x r2 and they work perfect.i hope dell has a team working on a new fix.because i just got it and its having many issues im sure everybody's area 51 is going through issues 2.all i have to say to dell is please get it together.we alienware users will be here to help you guys reporting each and every bug until you guys perfect it. im just hoping they come up with a fix soon.

28 Posts

June 24th, 2010 21:00

oh glad to hear that your got fixed.so your vents work perfect ? i have another question i just got my new monitor the new 23" optx 3d.they told me that this screen works with the 5970 ati's and that they are gonna release 3d drivers for the 5970.all i have to do is buy a third party 3d glasses becuz the 3d glasses nvidia kit offers obviously wont work.so is anyone 3d gaming with 5970's.i got 2 5970's and im anxious to put them to work

28 Posts

oh glad to hear that yours got fixed.so your vents work perfect ? i have another question i just got my new monitor the new 23" optx 3d.they told me that this screen works with the 5970 ati's and that they are gonna release 3d drivers for the 5970.all i have to do is buy a third party 3d glasses becuz the 3d glasses nvidia kit offers obviously wont work.so is anyone 3d gaming with 5970's.i got 2 5970's and im anxious to put them to work

406 Posts

Yes my vents work perfect, however I use the fixed position control in the command center. I have not heard anything about the 3d drivers so you can use 3d glasses sounds interesting.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 25th, 2010 00:00

Be sure you have the latest BIOS installed.

Be sure no devices in Device Manager are in error.

Be sure you have the latest Command Center installed. You can update it inside the app and the bottom. Install it and reboot.

Go back into CC, edit your theme slightly and save a new copy. Go into Thermals and save a new copy. Go to AlienFusion, and set to High Performance. Exit out, reboot and see if your computer boots and works better now.

No Events found!