Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2016 13:00

kernel mode driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Hello,

I have an Alienware X51 R2 for two years now, and two weeks ago it started to crash/freeze/reboot when I was playing (sometimes immediatly, sometimes after ~5 minutes) and sometimes showing me that message:"kernel mode driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

I tried many many things, reinstalled older drivers, reinstalled windows, supressed some files and programs, installed some others, checked all my components (which are ok), totally cleaned my computer, and consulted a lot of forums, but nothing worked. The issue evolved, going better then worse, but it stayed.

So I was wondering if someone could help, or knew this problem or a solution i haven't tested yet.

My graphic card is a GTX 760 Ti oem, i'm on windows 10 64 bits.

Thank you for your future answers and have a good day,

Pyros.

49 Posts

April 7th, 2016 22:00

Download an app called DDU display driver uninstaller what it will do is clean all your old driver. Make sure you download first the latest driver whatever you are running AMD or NVIDIA and just follow the prompt. Make sure you run it in safe mode when ask. And always do a clean install when a new driver is released.

18 Posts

April 8th, 2016 08:00

Thank you but I already tried this several time with latest drivers and older ones but it didn't worked.

49 Posts

April 8th, 2016 09:00

We have the same hardware and issues before and DDU works for me..Have you tried running it..

18 Posts

April 8th, 2016 09:00

Yep one week ago, i did it twice while disconnecting my computer to avoid auto install, and after installing it didn't worked.

I retried today but the driver won't install when i launch, it says i haven't a compatible equipement and it doesn't detect my graphic card anymore.

No Events found!