Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2011 14:00

m17x Nvidia 460 Low FPS????

I have recently received a new m17x R3. The computer seems to be working fine, however I'm not getting very impressive FPS with this. This is my first good laptop so i'm not exactly sure what to expect but on game like cod4 where you need the FPS to be quite high (PROMOD) i get about 90-125 unstable even drop down to about 40 in smoke. Ruse runs at about 40 FPS on mid settings and on ultra it lies at about 15. I'm not sure whether this is what I'm meant to be getting or is something wrong. I would appreciate some feedback because im feeling a little let down by this machine. 

Full Specs

Intel i7 2720QM 2.20 Ghz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 460m 1.5GB

8GB DDR3 memory

750GB hardrive

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 27th, 2011 19:00

Force Nvidia Optimus to use the Nvidia GTX460m in the game.
* Open the NVIDIA Control Panel
* Select Manage 3D Settings
* Click on the Program Settings tab
* In 1: Select a program to customize, click on Add
* Browse to the application/game and open the executable file by clicking Open
* In 2: Select the preferred graphics processor for this program, click on the tab and select High Performance NVIDIA processor
* Click on Apply and the settings will be saved

Retest and post the results.

98 Posts

August 27th, 2011 19:00

This website says your card should get about 80+ FPS on High.

www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-460M.33612.0.html

5 Posts

August 28th, 2011 00:00

My preferred graphics processor is already my Nvidia card but regardless i did what you said and no change, fps on high reached to about 20 fps max on ruse, and cod4 didnt change ether. Left 4 dead 2 runs at about 60 fps on max settings but its not a complete lock, it drops down to about 50 in smoke. Id also like to say that my computer when shipped to me was completely messed up, nvidia card kept crashing, blue screen errors. I contacted support and i got my nvidia card + motherboard replaced, then later on, the technician didn't hook up my fans properly so my computer kept overheating so he had to come back and replace my fans. Now its working fine (no crashes or anything except the constant change to windows basic colour scheme for some reason) however its not preforming very well. :( well at least from what i heard from other people :(  

No Events found!