Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 7th, 2012 22:00

m17x r1 Alienfx lights went out help!!

Ok so today i reinstalled windows 7 x64 and installed all the drivers from resource disc and so lights went out but then i uninstalled the command center and installed the latest one for windows 7 on dell.com  and lights still do not work and when in device manager under "universal serial bus controller" one of the devices says "unknown device" when i open properties this is what is says for location : Port_#0002.Hub_#0003 and i already tried taking battery out ,unplug,hold power button to drain all power out of MB ,think i tried everything can you guys help me with it ,should i fresh install or what? and when i open command center it says something like alienfx cant find the device click ok to create new theme or something like that

11 Posts

December 27th, 2012 15:00

This may be a little late but:

www.ebay.com/.../181051211773

A repair service to fix the issue. This is caused from installing the wrong command center. Dell charged $800 to replace the motherboard! They will fix it including return shipping for 150.00

Re-installing the Command Center will not fix it. The problem is that the C2 chip was programmed with the wrong software from and outdated command center. The only way to fix it is with a SiLabs programmer, or a new motherboard. The link above offers a reflashing service to fix the issue

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 10th, 2012 14:00

Jordy787,

How to uninstall and reinstall the AWCC (Alienware Command Center) http://dell.to/T24KB8

AWCC for your M17x-R1 http://dell.to/IvMRsb

5 Posts

December 10th, 2012 18:00

didnt work :(

1.2K Posts

December 10th, 2012 18:00

resource cd control center = dead light controller... the resource CD is bad news...  and dell SHOULDNT HAVER INCLUDED somehting that can damage the machine.. although it is end users responsibility to verify before using older 2+ years old cd.... anyway maybe dell will make an exception and swap your board since it was thier backup cd that caused the issue ...

5 Posts

December 10th, 2012 19:00

yea its terrible im just so mad that they provided a CD that your suppose to use when after clean install but it really breaks the Alienfx  controller and these are expensive laptops and then something they provide harms your computer its terrible i wish there able to replace my board i would highly appreciate that and i had good experience with dell products but now im kinda not sure if i am a dell guy anymore maby if they replace i would but as for now im not sure wish they had better service like "asus".

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 11th, 2012 07:00

Jordy787,

Contact the team via email. Explain what has happened and ask if they can do a one time out of warranty motherboard replacement. If they do, you will have to do the work. If they cannot, you will need to purchase the motherboard, part number F415N.

3 Posts

December 18th, 2012 13:00

dell sell refub mother board unlooping chip and selling to the next guy a month later

No Events found!