Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 29th, 2012 08:00

Alienware M17x R3 BLack Screen With 8 Beeps

Guys Iam Vijay From india , 

i have an issue with my alienware m17x r3 , equipped with gtx 580m , with sandy bridge processor , inter core i7 2720qm,

1.my first question is "IS THIS PROCESSOR HAS A INTEGRATED GRAPHICS" COz in my system bios , graphic options, it doesnt show any INTEGRATED graphics , i googled and confirmed that there should be HD 3000 Graphics should be there for this processor , pls help me out on how to enable this , is it like i have to install some intel drivers ?

2. now am currently facing issues with my m17x r3 , the problem started , when i switched on my laptop, there was no display and boot screen(basically blank)

followed by 8 beeps , and a gap of say 1-2 seconds , then again 8 beeps , and it is continuous , i checked the beep errors list in dell website and found its a LCD Problem, i contacted technical support , they said it must be a problem with the LCD or the MOTHER BOARD, now they have supplied these spares with service engineer , i asked them to send the GPU  also but it was denied , now the service engineer came to my house and checked , he changed the spares in all combination 1.old motherboard

2. new lcd

3. new motherboard 

4 . new lcd 

now ultimately all the combination failed , still there was the same issue (8beeps with blank screen), now the GPU (GTX 580m ) was removed ,then syste was switched on , now the same issue but one change , 8beeps with blank screen but the "LCD Back Light was On" . now service engineer has asked for the GPU also , And am Still waiting for the service.....

NOw my question is , 

1. why DEll Dint supply the parts at the first instant only when i insisted to send the parts, as my laptop is still under complete cover warranty!!!!!

2. Why the system dint start when the gpu (GTX 580 m) is removed , but only back light (confused weather there is no INTEGRATED GRAPHICS IN MY system

3. IN case The NEW gpu after fitting also if it doesnt work then , how to replace my laptop with new one , whats the procedure for replacement !!!!!

please answer my queries , if done so , it,ll be greatful 

1.2K Posts

September 29th, 2012 08:00

well for replacement i beleive its still 3 attempts to fix the same issue before replacement is even considered and the replacement will be a refurb unless its within 21 days or so of original recieve date .

i beleive it does have the onboard card but im unsure as how it works outside of windows since in windows its uses optimus with nvidia drivers to determine of needed the power of the decrete....

have you tried posting with the nvidia card out and on battery since it should default to the onboard video.....

i only had an R1 and R2 so they worked differently being they had dual cards and onboard which was never used lol

5 Posts

October 1st, 2012 03:00

now the service engineer attended the problem,  with gtx 580 m gpu,  after fitting and starting the computer, a scrambled screen comes for 2 sec,  then I can hear the windows booting sound,  but the screen is blank,

changed items are new LCD,  new motherboard, new gtx 580 m card,  the 8 beeps error is ruled out but the scramble screen at start up and blank screen after that,  still persist,  now Dell is sending me the processor,  all major parts are supplied, if still not working then I have to go for replacement............

No Events found!